Swedish Pancakes Recipe from Fämily Foods®
Looking to switch up your pancake recipe game? Try them Swedish-style!
Swedish pancakes were first mentioned back in the 1500’s, and compared to traditional pancakes, the Swedish variation are much thinner, similar to French-style crêpes. The difference between the French crêpes and Swedish-style pancakes however, is all in the texture! Swedish pancakes are known to be lighter and fluffier than their French counterpart, while still great rolled up with fruit or jam, and topped with whipped cream or yogurt.
Swedish Pancakes from Fämily Foods®
(Makes 2 pancakes)
- 1/2 cup of Fämily Foods Pancake & Baking Mix (click here to purchase)
- 1/2 cup water
- Dash of coconut (or other neutral-tasting) oil
Optional for garnish:
- Fresh fruit
- Maple syrup
- Rachel's Blueberry Jam
- Whipped coconut-vanilla cream
- Combine 1/3 cup pancake mix with 1/2 cup water and mix until batter is smooth.
- Let the batter rest for a moment to thicken. While resting, heat pan and add a dash of oil.
- Scoop the batter in and lower the heat slightly. Let a thin layer form and flip when golden.
- Cook until second side is golden (15-20 seconds).
- Roll pancakes up, then serve with jam and whipped coconut cream (with a touch of vanilla added for extra flare!), or your own favorite toppings.
Learn more about Fämily Foods® here.
BONUS: If you subscribe to Fämily Foods today, you will receive full-access to www.yogagirl.com free for 30 days plus access to our brand new 7-day retreat filled with daily activities, recipes, and support that the entire family can enjoy at anytime virtually!
Swedish-style or traditional? What’s your vote? Share below!