Swedish Soul Medicine favorite_border
In this very special (and very Swedish!) session we begin with a quick rundown of what you’ll need to prepare and make your glögg. We’ll open practice by grounding with a meditation to bring ourselves into the present moment and bring a sense of softness and ease into the body. Before beginning to make glögg, we’ll pull cards from one of Rachel’s favourite card decks and sit with those for a short while. Then it’s time to mull the festive spirit and make delicious glögg! After preparing this Swedish hot drink, we’ll end the hour with another read from a card deck and a closing from Rachel reflecting on the holiday season, some of the challenges it might bring to light, and how we can best take care of ourselves during this holiday season.
Both a non-alcoholic and a traditional version is included, so enjoy either option and have a merry festive season.
To make Swedish Soul Medicine, you will need:
- A pot for the stove and a big spoon to stir
- Small mug + teaspoon
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 6 cardamom pods
- 1 Tbsp dried ginger
- 12 cloves
- 1 strip of orange peel
- 1/2 cup-1 cup organic sugar, maple syup, or sweetener of choice
- Raisins and/or shelled almonds as "topping" (*optional)
- Plant friend of choice (*optional - if you'd like to personalize it more, intuitively choose an edible herb you are drawn to to add in!)
For a version with alcohol, you will also need:
- 1 bottle of full-bodied red wine
- Brandy (or you can substitute rum, vodka, or any spirit that you'd like)
For an alcohol-free version, you will also need:
- 1 bottle of red alcohol-free wine OR 750ml black currant juice (preferably a kind that isn’t too sweet)
__Oracle card deck(s) are:
Magical Messages from the Fairies by Doreen Virtue
The Wild Unknown Archetypes by Kim Krans
This class is FREE for premium members or $20 without a subscription. Gain access to all future Yoga Girl® LIVE Healing Hours, hundreds of yoga classes, meditations, astrology lessons, and more by becoming a member today!
Note: if purchased as a non-member, please access this class by going to your account's My Mat.