Life doesn’t have to be as hard as we make it. In my time on this earth, I’ve learned lessons that all point to the same thing - we are not alone, unworthy or incapable. We are LOVE.
Love takes risks because love is supported and overflowing with exactly what we need. It doesn’t always look like rainbows and glitter, but it never leaves us high and dry.
Here are my 6 lessons that I come back to every time I want to meditate on love.
Read each one, then pause, close your eyes, and breathe in the words once more.
1. You get what you need, not what you want.
2. The universe will never give you anything you can’t handle.
3. There is so much love within every single one of us; it’s difficult to grasp. So much love. Love is always here. It can never be lost.
4. Allow yourself to be vulnerable. Risk getting your heart broken. It’s worth it.
5. The earth is part of us as much as we are a part of it. Caring for nature means caring for ourselves.
6. Move past your fears. They are here for you to learn. Let go, and only love remains.
Separación no existe. Es una ilusión creado de la mente, por miedo de ser abandonado. Todos somos UNO.
I wrote this years ago when I was in Costa Rica - the place that’s given me the deepest peace and joy, along with heartbreak I was sure I wouldn’t live through.
From where I stand today, after the fires I’ve crawled through on my hands and knees, after the miracles I’ve been blessed with, after all the tears and all the laughter...I still believe in every number from this list.
I still believe in a love that never runs dry. I still believe in trusting this big, magical universe to guide and support me.
I believe, even more now, that we are all so profoundly connected - even when we no longer live in our bodies.
Look up at the stars tonight and ask them their secrets. Let your heart grow as big as the galaxy, beating with the flickers of the constellations. Meditate on the beauty of it all, and of your particular important role to make it even more beautiful.
What life lessons do you have to share? Inspire our community in the comments below.