This avocado toast is one of our favorite things to make with just the right combination of flavor and packed with enough healthy fats to keep you satisfied and fueled for the day. The best part? This can be whipped up in just a few minutes!
Who doesn't love avocados? Well...maybe some people, but we love em! With subtle flavoring they can be adapted into savory AND sweet dishes, and with a little creativity, the possibilities are nearly endless in what they can be used for.
Avocados are well-known for being a "healthy fat" because they are filled with heart-healthy unsaturated fats which are great for keeping cholestrol balanced, but there are so many more benefits the faithful avocado has to offer! Avocados also contain a ton of digestive-benefitting fiber, vitamins like A, B, E, and G, they have more potassium than bananas, and eating them helps strengthen the immune system.
Avocados are delicious and one of the most interesting fruits (yes, they're a fruit!) around. Did you know they are also in the same family as cinnamon? Yup! While avocados are mostly used in the ever-famous guacamole, we love spreading it on toast and trying different combinations of toppings! See some of our favorites below.
The Yoga Girl® Oh-So-Good Avocado Toast
- 1/2-1 avocado, peel and seed removed
- Juice from squeeze of 1/8 of a lime (1 wedge, about 1 tsp.)
- 1-2 slices of your favorite bread (we like sourdough!)
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Chopped tomatoes
- Diced cucumbers
- Micro greens
- Tofu scramble
- Kalamata olives
- Grilled mushrooms
- Black pepper
- Place avocado (no seed or peel) into a bowl. Add lime juice and a few dashes of salt and mash well with fork. Texture should be a little chunky, but still creamy. Adjust lime juice and salt to taste and set aside.
- Toast your bread then spread a light drizzle of olive oil on top.
- Spread mashed avocado mixture on top of toasted bread, then add your favorite toppings!
- Serve with a side of mixed greens or just by itself and enjoy!
What are your favorite ways to enjoy avocado toast? Share below!