One of our favorite parts about our Fämily Foods Pancake & Baking mix is that we can make more than just regular pancakes and they don’t have to be sweet!
Have some extra veggies lying around that you don’t want to go to waste? How about making some savory pancakes?
This recipe allows your creativity to go wild as you dream up all the combinations of savory deliciousness you could make. Try our suggestions below, but feel free to make this recipe your own!
Savory Pancakes from Fämily Foods®
(Makes 2 pancakes)
- 1/2 cup of Fämily Foods® Pancake & Baking Mix (click here to purchase)
- 1/2 cup water
- Dash of coconut (or other neutral-tasting) oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 bell pepper, minced
- 1 zucchini, pulp scooped out, minced
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup vegan cheese of choice (we like the cheddar variety)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Optional for garnish:
- Hot sauce
- Vegan sour cream
- Combine 1/3 cup pancake mix with 1/2 cup water and mix until batter is smooth.
- Let the batter rest for a moment to thicken. While resting, mince onion, bell pepper, zucchini, and garlic (or any other of your favorite veggies!)
- Add your vegetables into the batter, along with a handful of vegan cheese, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat your pan and add a dash of oil.
- Scoop the batter in and lower the heat slightly. Let a thin layer form and then flip when golden.
- Cook until second side is golden (15-25 seconds).
- Roll pancakes up, then serve with salsa, hot sauce, or your other favorite toppings.
Learn more about Fämily Foods® here.
BONUS: If you subscribe to Fämily Foods today, you will receive full-access to www.yogagirl.com free for 30 days plus access to our brand new 7-day retreat filled with daily activities, recipes, and support that the entire family can enjoy at anytime virtually!
What vegetables are your favorites to add to savory pancakes? Share your ideas and creations with the community below!