Raw Banana Ice Cream from The Yoga Girl® Kitchen
When you feel a craving for ice cream coming on, try this frozen treat instead!
It tastes exactly like ice cream, but also provides plant based nourishment and is much more nourishing for your body than anything you can buy in the store.
This recipe can be whipped together in just minutes, and you will have a frozen treat that everyone can enjoy.
All you need to do is remember to freeze your bananas a few hours before in order to create the base for this delicous ice cream.
Bananas are such a versatile fruit, and when frozen and blended they provide a creamy, postassium and fiber rich base to smoothies and ice cream.
We even think this is more heavenly than any store bought ice cream, and way more nourishing for your body. Add a bit of maple syrup and a sprinkle of vanilla bean powder and you've got yourself a creamy, cloud-like bowl of nourishing, plant based goodness!
- 2 bananas peeled, chopped and frozen
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp organic vanilla bean powder
- 2 tbsp chopped almonds
- Peel the bananas, cut them in pieces, and put in an airtight container in the freezer for at least 12 hours.
- When you feel a craving for ice cream coming on, simply place the frozen bananas in the blender, add the maple syrup and the vanilla powder, and get blending!
- In the beginning the bananas will spin around the blender, but when they start to melt they will turn into a perfect, amazingly delicious soft serve ice cream!
- Garnish with chopped almonds and serve right away.
You can also flavor the “ice cream” with pretty much anything you want: cacao, almond butter, berries, fresh mint, the sky is the limit!