Tofu is incredibly versatile and perfect for creating delicious vegan alternatives for many popular foods. Scrambling tofu is not only quick and easy, but nutritious too!
Made from pressed soybean curd, tofu is filled with plant-based protein, iron, and other vitamins and minerals to keep you full and with enough steady energy to carry you through the day. With a very subtle flavor, it's perfect for incorporating a variety of spices and flavorings to make pretty much anything, whether it be sweet or savory, and this recipe is one of our favorites!
Rachel's Favorite Tofu Scramble
- 1/2 pack of your favorite tofu, water drained (firm or extra firm work best)
- 1-2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt, (can add more to taste)
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- pinch of pepper
- 2 Tbsp. bell pepper, chopped (about 1/2 bell pepper, *tip: roast your bell pepper in the oven beforehand for extra flavor!)
- 1 Tbsp. onion, chopped (about 1/4 onion)
- 2 Tbsp. chopped tomato (about 1 small tomato)
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the drained tofu, salt, curry powder, turmeric, and pepper.
- Mix seasonings with tofu and continue to stir and crumble the tofu until the coloring is golden and well-blended.
- Once cooked through and well mixed, set scramble aside. Add a dash more of oil to the pan and add in your bell pepper and onion.
- Sauté bell pepper and onion until soft, then add chopped tomato and tofu scramble and stir until heated through.
- Garnish with a side of your favorite vegan mayo, pico de gallo, and enjoy!
What are your favorite veggies to mix in your tofu scramble? Share below!