Winter Solstice - 2021 Processing Practice favorite_border
Leave behind the past and step into the present with this Winter Solstice practice with Rachel Brathen. This class can be done anytime before the new year so that you can fully process and let go of 2021, and step into 2022 with space to welcome in growth and change!
If we want to be able to manifest the lives of our dreams, we have to let go of the past and free our heart, mind, and physical body of anything we are holding onto that needs to be let go of. Oftentimes we think we have let go, but the body is an intelligent being and sometimes emotions can get trapped there, even if we set the intention to fully let go. The Winter Solstice is a powerful portal in order to be able to let go of anything that you are holding onto in your heart, and to use the light to purify and call in your intentions.
But, there are tools that we can access to fully embody the practice of letting go! This practice begins with a journaling session, and then leads into the Shaking Meditation, to fully shake out anything that might be stuck in the body.
Finish with a restorative Half Pigeon Pose (Ardha Kapotasana), a final journaling prompt, and then settle into Savasana for a final deep release.
The most challenging thing that came my way in 2021 was...
Into next year, I am bringing with me...
Spotify class playlist: Winter Solstice
Tracklist (Shake songs are in bold and the shaking portion begins at 35:07. If Spotify or any of these shaking songs are unavailable to you, you can use any instrumental music with an upbeat tempo that you like to shake):
- 20:17 - Ólafur Arnalds, Nils Frahm
- Some - Nils Frahm
- Such Owls as You - Brambles
- Bashy - Moon Ate the Dark
- It Was 9:30 and You Were Beautiful - WMD
- We Contain Multitudes (from home) - Ólafur Arnalds
- The Southern Sea - Garth Stevenson
- Them - Nils Frahm
- Two One, Four - Fyfe, Iskra Strings
- Birth Song for Quetzalcoatl - Xavier Quijas Yxayotl
- Cirrus - Bonobo
- Intention (Instrumental) - jeejaysoul & don_cerati Edit - EarthRise SoundSystem
- Danza de Vision - Nicola Cruz
- Zona Rosa - Caoimhín Ó Raghallaigh, Thomas Bartlett
- Portrait Gallery - Luke Howard
- Tracking Aeroplanes - The Echelon Effect
- Winter Sleeps. - Wouter Dewit
- Deep Theta 2.0 (Pt 13) - Steven Halpern, Jorge Alfano
- A Meaningful Moment Through a Meaning(less) Process - Stars Of The Lid
- Memory Ocean - William Joe Ware
Note: If purchased as a non-member, please access this class by going to your account's My Mat.