About the Episode
In this episode, Rachel opens up about the existential life crisis she is having - on purpose! It involves the act of tuning in and becoming really present with your emotions so you can recognize what you are feeling, when you feel it, and why you feel it. The only other option is to lock things deep within ourselves, which usually leads to far worse outcomes.
The practice of checking in with yourself is so valuable and it’s something you should do everyday, too! Rather than suppressing heavy emotions, can you begin to become present with your emotions, shine light on your feelings, and give yourself space to feel? Can you take a moment, step back, recognize the trigger and sit with it? That is how feelings get processed - and that is how we move on.
This episode will remind you that you deserve to live in the full spectrum of feeling absolutely everything. If we shut down one piece of our hearts, we shut out the ability to open up to the magic of the universe. It is our responsibility as humans to feel, and to heal. Tune in to give yourself space to feel your feelings and process them so they can be let go. Only then will you be able to open your heart fully.
- Check in with yourself multiple times a day. Set a timer on your phone and allow yourself to process any heavy emotions that come up.
- Mental health deteriorates over time, as we suppress more and more negative emotions, the unhealthier our minds become.
- It is our responsibility to do the work - it’s the only way to change the world.
- Suppressed emotions can manifest in actual physical pain/symptoms. It is crucial to process and let go!
- We are all doing this work together. You never walk this path alone.
This week set your alarm for three times a day. Whenever that alarms goes off, take 5 minutes to yourself to tune-in to how you are really feeling.