About the Episode
Welcome to the much anticipated episode on all things PERIOD!
What was your first period experience like? Have you ever secretly slid a tampon to your best friend? Are you wondering what the pill is doing to your body after years of use? Did your period change during the pandemic? Are you having painful or inconsistent periods and not sure what’s up?
This episode is for you and people who have periods everywhere!
Rachel is joined by health coach and period expert Nicole Jardim who authored the book Fix Your Period. They talk about all things connecting to your cycle, including Rachel’s hilarious first period story, hormone fluctuation, imbalances in your period, contraceptives and their side effects, and answer your period questions from Instagram.
Our bodies are miraculous, but for some reason period problems are so prevalent. It all comes down to knowing our bodies, tracking our cycles and paying attention to important things like gut health, cortisol levels, and blood sugar levels. In order to return to a more natural, balanced state, we have to consciously connect with our cycle and support our entire body, emotional as well as physical.
This episode will help you to understand all of your period symptoms, teach you how to support your body in a natural way, verify the pandemic period concept, inspire you to connect consciously with your cycle so you can balance your hormones throughout the entire month, and honor and celebrate the gift of your natural cycle.
- Start a period diary and track your cycle for three months. You can start on the first day of your period and track each day according to your mood and physical symptoms.
- When you track your menstruation, be sure to track all of your symptoms! Backache, nausea, cramping, level of flow, color, etc.
- If you are on birth control, be sure to educate yourself about what you are putting into your body, do your research and be sure to ask your doctors every question you can think of.
- The health of your period is directly related to your overall health; your gut, stress levels, and diet all play a huge part! Making changes in all of these areas can help to balance out your cycle.
- Natural contraception (tracking your cycle without using birth control) is 99% effective if done currently, and has ZERO side effects on your hormone level.
About Nicole Jardim
Nicole Jardim is a Certified Health Coach and the creator of Fix Your Period, a series of programs that empower women to reclaim their hormone health using a method that combines evidence-based information with simplicity and sass. Her incredible work has impacted the lives of tens of thousands of women around the world in effectively addressing a wide variety of period problems, including PMS, irregular periods, PCOS, painful & heavy periods, missing periods and many more.
Her passion for women’s health stems from her own health challenges and negative experience with hormonal birth control in her early twenties. After working with an acupuncturist to regain her health, she knew that sharing her experience could benefit many others in the same situation. She became a certified health coach and took further specialized training in hormonal health with industry visionaries.
Rather than treating problems or symptoms, Nicole treats women by addressing the root cause of what’s really going on in their bodies and minds. She passionately believes that the fundamentals to healing any hormonal imbalance lie in an approach that addresses the unique physiology of every woman. This is essential to reclaiming and maintaining optimal health and vitality at any age.
Nicole is the author of Fix Your Period: 6 Weeks to Banish Bloating, Conquer Cramps, Manage Moodiness, and Ignite Lasting Hormone Balance, and the co-author of The Happy Balance, a recipe book filled with over 80 hormone balancing recipes. You can also connect with her on Instagram and Facebook.