About the Episode
Are you struggling to cultivate the habits that you intended to create in the New Year, or do you find it hard to create and stick to healthy habits in general?
Maybe you just haven’t found the method that works specifically for you! On this week’s podcast, Rachel is joined by happiness and habit expert and best-selling author, Gretchen Rubin.
Together, they break down the types of habits you can form to help you to reach your own happiness goals. How can you create inner order for outer calm and find balance with your family, partners, loved ones? The key is to figure out your nature, then frame and cultivate healthy habits that work for you.
They also dive into the refreshing topic of decluttering and creating order in your life. What is the secret behind organizing and cleaning out your home? And how can we stop accumulating things we don’t need for good?
This episode will help you frame your life in a way that sets you up for success. Learn how to discern what your true nature is, cultivate and commit to healthy habits, follow through with commitments, de-clutter your home, and accept what you can’t change. There is a big truth waiting to be found!
- A clean, well-organized home will not only save you time and energy but bring you a wonderful send of peace. Start de-cluttering and get organized today!
- Habits are freeing and energizing because they get us out of having to make draining, difficult decisions.
- A great time to form a habit is when you are going through a transition. Use this time to your advantage!
- Create a habit to deepen and broaden your relationships, like a weekly date night with your partner, to bring more happiness into your life.
- It is not selfish to focus on your own happiness! Research shows that happy people make better team members, partners, co-workers, friends and parents.
Find out if you’re an Upholder, Obliger, Questioner, or a Rebel
Take Gretchen’s Four Tendencies quiz to see how you form habits!
The four tendencies explain why you act and why we don’t act. Your Tendency shapes every aspect of your behavior, so understanding your Tendency lets us make better decisions, meet deadlines, suffer less stress and burnout, and engage more effectively.
More About Gretchen
Gretchen Rubin is a five-time New York Times bestselling author, podcaster, and speaker, creator of the Four Tendencies framework, exploring happiness and good habits.
To learn more about Gretchen Rubin, visit her website.