About the Episode
Have you ever wanted to be a person who runs, but when you try it’s the absolute worst?
After suffering from asthma, pretending she ran when she didn’t, and always giving up after a few minutes, Rachel now finally calls herself a runner.
In today’s episode, she shares the 5 simple steps that brought her from hating every second of a run to running 10K in complete bliss.
Running doesn’t have to be hard. It's all about getting out there, moving the body, dropping in and communing with nature.
Did you know that you can run at your own pace? Give yourself permission to slow down!
This episode will remind you to listen to your body, drop into the present moment through the breath, and remove all expectations when it comes to running. Tune in to get started, and find more motivation by visiting Yoga Girl on Spotify and checking out the RUN playlist.
The best time to go for a run might just be today!
- Run much, much slower than you think you “should”. Just like in most areas of life, give yourself permission to slow down!
- Tune into Mother Earth as much as you can when you are outside. Stop, touch the Earth and send gratitude down through your hands. Stay connected to the sound of the nature around you.
- Just focus on getting out there to run. It doesn’t matter how fast you go or how many kilometers you run, as long as you move! Drop all standards that you hold yourself to.
- Get a running buddy! It’s such a beautiful way to be together and motivate each other.
- If you feel inspired or motivated by this episode, take that as a sign to start your running practice!