About the Episode
How do you make it through when your world is crumbling around you?
In today’s episode, Rachel shares her best advice, resources, and practices when it comes to crisis management.
The first thing we need to do is acknowledge when we’re in a crisis. Sometimes big life events feel manageable, while smaller things make us unravel. Instead of trying to soldier on, admitting that you’re having a hard time can take a huge weight off your shoulders.
Rachel defines what a crisis is and shares some personal examples from her own life of different crises she has moved through and the causes behind them. Ultimately, no one else can tell you when you’re in a crisis or not. It all depends on how you’re coping.
If you’re having a hard time right now, tune in to learn the steps Rachel takes to keep her sanity in an insane world. Lower your expectations, take care of your basic needs, vent, feel, and move.
The only way out is through.
- When you’re going through a crisis, acknowledge it. The first step is to be honest with yourself when you are having trouble coping instead of trying to push through.
- Lower your expectations for yourself when you’re in a crisis. You are not going to be able to do it all, and cutting yourself some slack will go a long way.
- Make sure you have people to talk to! Vent to a friend, find a sharing partner, and have someone in your corner that you can turn to.
- Feel your feelings and move your body. Before we can fix things, we have to feel them.
- Take breaks from the ‘fixing’ when you get a chance. Put everything aside and find something unrelated to do for the sake of having fun.