About the Episode
There is a place life takes us sometimes. It’s dark, it’s lonely and it feels like we’re trapped at the bottom of a hole.
It can be hard to get out, unless we remember one thing: the only way out is through.
This week, Rachel has managed to see the light again after two weeks of ever present anxiety. Through what felt like utter failure, she realized something important.
No matter how often she loses herself, and no matter how hard it is to get back, she never stops trying.
Instead of giving up and drowning herself in ice cream and wine, she hugs her husband, cuddles her daughter, practices yoga, drinks tea, and walks outside in the sunshine.
Maybe this is the mark of real self-love.
It’s not always butterflies and rainbows. It’s not quick fixes. It’s the fact that we stick with ourselves through the hard times. We don’t give up on ourselves.
Today’s episode will give you a new way to measure your self-love, not in your supposed successes or failures, but in how often you pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and try again.
- Don’t confuse one negative thought for being all that you are. Our inner critic likes to trick us into this mindset, but even when you struggle, you are doing so many beautiful things!
- Honor the moment anxiety leaves and peace returns. Celebrate the journey it took to get there and the space you gave yourself to move through your feelings.
- It is important to identify the practices in your life that are beneficial for your wellbeing versus the coping mechanisms you turn to so you won’t have to feel.
- We are all looking for community and connection. Surround yourself with people that are working toward the same thing, that understand your needs, honor your boundaries and enrich your life.
- Self-love is found in the continuous trying. We may think we fail often, but the fact that we keep showing up for ourselves again and again despite it all proves that our love for ourselves runs deep.