About the Episode
Today’s episode shares the objective story on how Rachel and her family dealt with finding toxic mold in their house, from A to Z.
Environmental health is incredibly important, but often overlooked. The truth is you are exposed to toxins on a continuous basis, but your body has pathways to remove them from your system. What happens when you live in an environment that completely overwhelms your natural ability to detox?
It’s simple. You get sick.
In this episode, Rachel covers the entire mold timeline, from how her family discovered the problem, to the symptoms experienced, the tests they used to assess the damage, the detox protocols they followed, how they remediated their house, and what happened with their belongings.
Tune in to learn the common places in your home that mold loves to hide, why your steamy showers may be harming you in the long run, and other tips and tricks to keep your home healthy.
You shouldn’t always have to focus on healing - sometimes you should just thrive! Today’s episode will help you get there.
- The Colorado based company that helped Rachel’s family: Gary Gilman from SteamMaster
- Mold Remediators and Consultants: @moldfinders, @themoldguy, @pjharlowwellness
- Functional Doctors on Instagram: @drjillcarnahan, @dr.jess.md
- The Great Plains Laboratory
- If you aren’t sick, don’t panic over the state of your living environment. Stress can be just as harmful as mold and toxins!
- If you are constantly feeling sick but aren’t sure why, digging deeper into the health of your home can give you answers.
- Minimize the amount of humidity in your home as much as you can. Make sure your steamy showers are well ventilated, fix all leaks and clean your air conditioners!
- Our bodies have detox pathways that allow us to remove toxins from our environment naturally. But if you completely exhaust your body in a toxic environment, you are going to feel it.
- We shouldn’t always have to focus on our healing. At some point we will get to a place where we can simply feel amazing and thrive!