About the Episode
It is said that the first seven years of your life are crucial in the development of the person you will one day become.
That inner child in you still lives on - in your nervous system, in your reactions, and in feelings you cannot always explain.
Today’s episode will help you understand the language of your own inner child.
Rachel shares a story of her experiences as a young girl, and how lingering traumas still show up in her life today. When she seeks rest, peace, and play, she is always left with a feeling of stress, guilt, and fear. But why? Her life is not the same as it was when she was five years old.
Maybe her inner child doesn’t quite believe that.
Whatever challenge you may be facing right now, make sure to hold your inner child through it too. That vulnerable, innocent part of yourself is just longing to have their needs met.
Tune in to begin the process.
- If you have feelings you cannot fully explain, it could be your inner child trying to communicate their needs.
- Explore your feelings deeper. It may be scary, but it will bring you to truth and clarity.
- How do these feelings resonate in your body? Are they cold or hot? Where in your body do you feel them? Describe the feeling so you can familiarize yourself with it.
- Connect back to when you felt this feeling before in your life. Is there a defining moment behind them?
- Hold your inner child through any challenges you experience. It will help you recognize any impulsive reactions or unhelpful patterns in your life.