About the Episode
All of us at our core are longing for home.
We long for that place where we can let go, be ourselves, and find peace. But, how many of us truly find home, and how many of us spend our entire lives in search of it?
In this week’s episode, Rachel is recording from the middle of the forest in her homeland of Sweden. After quite the journey to get there from Aruba (especially traveling with Ringo for the first time since The Flight From Hell!), Rachel has found herself feeling at home in this country for the first time of her life.
She has spent hours in the forest, hugging trees, laying on the mossy ground, and listening to the secrets that nature has shared with her.
Today, she shares those secrets.
It’s what you learn when you listen to the wind, when you find the beauty in the simple mundane things, and how your heart beats when you’re alone in the forest with nothing but trees and peace encompassing you.
Maybe home is found within nature, because we are nature, too.
- No matter where you live, make it a priority to deeply immerse yourself in nature. Stay there for as long as it takes to slow down and find a sense of peace.
- We don’t need things to do in order to stay busy when we have access to a world outside waiting to be explored. Take yourself on an adventure!
- Even when everything is chaotic, you can always uncross you legs, and plant your feet firmly to the earth. When in doubt, start there.
- Wherever you go, there you are. Find beauty in the place you are at now.
- Home is found within nature, but it is also found within ourselves - we are nature, too.