About the Episode
Rachel’s life has been turned upside down lately in a way she cannot fully describe. In today’s episode, she recounts the story that unfolded in the past week after she was ‘cancelled’ online. Although she feels as if she is going through a process of mourning, she is having difficulty pinpointing exactly what it is she is mourning, and the purpose behind it.
Her family is safe. The Yoga Girl community is strong and connected. Island Yoga is still thriving. So, what exactly is she mourning? A sense of safety? A sense of community? A sense of belonging and feeling at home? This type of mourning is visceral and hard on the nervous system. But as with all hard things, the only way out is through.
Answers may reveal themselves in time, but today all we can do is be kind, find healing, and do more things to connect to peace every moment of our day.
Tune in for a heartfelt, raw, honest account of social media gone wrong and the effects it can have.
- The next time you are on social media, ask yourself if you are there for the right reasons. Are you consuming uplifting, inspiring content? Are you finding a sense of community, of purpose, are you learning and growing?
- If you find yourself feeling worse after being on social media, if you are arguing, fighting, feeling depressed or numb, put the phone down. Tune in, go outside, talk to a friend. Do something else that has purpose and meaning.
- Allow others to be human and to make mistakes. We are all human and we are all flawed. It does not mean you should try to cancel, threaten, or harass someone if they have made a small mistake.
- The next time you sign onto social media, leave an uplifting, genuine, heartfelt comment for someone. See if you can go out of your way to be kind.
- Be kind. To yourself and to others.