About the Episode
Join us today for a special bonus episode as we continue the conversation on cultural appropriation with Susanna Barkataki.
This conversation began 2 years ago when Rachel and Susanna were first introduced - after Rachel was accused of cultural appropriation herself. Rachel has come a long way since then, and she shares the realizations and changes she has made in her business and in life.
But - there is always more work to be done!
Continue this important conversation with us today. You will learn how to come into your power by embracing the history of yoga on a deeper level, why creativity is the solution for cultural appropriation, and how you can use your power to uplift others instead of causing them harm.
To listen to the first part of this important conversation, click here.
- Educating yourself on the topic of cultural appropriation will only lead you to learn and grow as a human being.
- Change is possible. It happens every day! After understanding how she was complicit in cultural appropriation, Rachel made many changes in how she teaches and runs her business.
- We are usually uncomfortable if people tell us we have done something wrong, but this doesn’t compare to the feelings of others who face racism, discrimination and oppression. We can handle being uncomfortable.
- The solution to cultural appropriation is creativity. How can you use your own experiences and stories in the place of those that may be considered cultural appropriation?
- To truly appreciate other cultures, you have to go deep. You cannot truly appreciate something if it only happens on a surface level without understanding its intricate workings and the experiences of those living it.
Embrace Yoga's Roots Today!
Susanna's book, Embrace Yoga's Roots, is out today! Dive deeper on this important subject with Susanna and get your copy here!