About the Episode
We are all subjected to one ultimate truth of life: nothing is permanent. Plants, people, jobs, relationships, and homes – everything that surrounds us is fragile and fleeting.
In this week’s episode, Rachel has been watching her garden be assaulted by lizards, dogs, white flies, mildew and a multitude of other challenges, and she is suddenly hit with the realization that her garden represents a metaphor for all of life.
We may not have control over the eventual outcomes, but we do have a choice when we are faced with obstacles or opportunities. We can choose to show up and nourish the plants regardless of the hardships, or we can give up and miss out on the joyful process of the journey.
This episode will remind you that the magic of being is found in the journey itself, not in the final destination. We cannot let the fear of pain, grief, or loss hold us back from doing what we love.
After all, it’s the fragility of life that makes it so valuable. All we can do is immerse ourselves in as much life as we can while we are here.
- Is there an area of your life where you are holding back in fear of losing the very thing you are longing for? Can you choose to let light shine in that area, and begin the process of opening yourself up to opportunities for growth, happiness, and love?
- Is there an area of your life where you have chosen love? Can you reflect on that journey and the presence you felt along the way?
- Life is about the journey, not the destination. To remain present is to remain in the process.
- It is the fragility of love that makes it so special. Knowing deep down that you are vulnerable to loss makes you love so much bigger.
- We cannot let the fear of pain, grief, or loss hold us back from happiness, love and life.