About the Episode
Today’s episode has the power to propel your healing process to an entirely new level as Rachel shares five simple – yet radical – steps to alchemize and process your emotions.
The first years that we spend on this earth are crucial when it comes to our development and the ways that we relate to the world around us. Were your feelings validated as a child?
For many of us growing up, we were shamed or punished for being angry, sad, frustrated, or any feelings that as a society we have labelled to be “bad”. As we grew up, we may have internalized that shame, which leads us to avoid our feelings, to deny our lived experiences, and ultimately, to think there is something wrong with us.
But now the ball is in your court… And you have the chance to heal! The next time you find yourself feeling anxious, depressed, stressed, sad, angry, or frustrated, sit with the five steps Rachel shares in this episode (Pause, Notice, Name, Track and Validate!).
Over time, you may realize that your old wounds don’t trigger you anymore, your harmful patterns show up less, your mind has more space, you are less reactive, and more steady. The practice really isn’t about avoiding what is hard, but to learn how to honor what is real and true in every moment.
One thing we know for sure is that we could all use a little more peace in our lives. Tune in to feel - and heal.
- Instead of letting your emotions sit in the body as anxiety, depression, stress or physical pain, get into the continuous practice of alchemizing and processing your emotions. It will change your life.
- When you try to change your emotions you are denying yourself of your actual experience! Instead of avoiding the feelings that challenge you, give yourself the space to honor and allow them.
- For many of us, processing our feelings doesn’t come as second nature (and we may even have been punished for feeling sad for expressing anger when we were young!). If we didn’t learn it then, chances are we are still missing this important life skill in our lives right now.
- Time is not linear. If we are able to heal what is happening to us now, it also translates to healing what happened to us in our past. This is an incremental process! The more you practice sitting with your feelings every day, the more you will notice a positive shift in your life.
- Rachel’s 5 steps to process your emotions are Pause, Notice, Name, Track and Validate! Tune in to learn what they mean.