In case you haven’t heard, not all juices have to be green! One of my favorite Yoga Girl® Kitchen recipes tastes like summer in a glass. It’s hydrating, refreshing and perfectly sweet.
It’s my Watermelon Mint Cooler!
Make this fresh juice and you’ll feel like you’ve been transported to a Caribbean island (if you aren’t already on one, like me). I hear you can make it feel even more Caribbean by wearing a bikini and listening to reggae while sipping. That sounds like the best way to enjoy any kind of juice!
I add mint to make a refreshing juice even more uplifting, and I add lemon to balance out the sweetness with a hint of tartness. All three ingredients blend together beautifully for a perfectly balanced drink.
Is your mouth watering yet? Mine is just from typing this!
I recommend this juice for an afternoon pick-me-up, to cool off on a hot day, or as a pre-lunch snack. Also, it’s very, very delicious with a splash or rum or vodka as a late-night cocktail… Just sayin’.
Let’s talk nourishment. It’s best to drink your juice at least 20-30 minutes before you eat a meal, or 2-3 hours after eating a meal, so that your body can digest it properly and absorb every nutrient.
- Watermelon contains vitamins and minerals that help your heart, blood pressure, kidneys, even asthma, inflammation and nerve function! Plus, it contains fiber to help you feel full.
- Mint is great for your digestion, skin, teeth and memory, and it fights fatigue, headaches and nausea.
- Lemon is your detox bestie.
Keep in mind that this particular recipe is fairly sweet, so let’s not confuse it with the health benefits of a green juice. You can (should!) have a green juice every day; this Watermelon Mint Cooler is more of a special treat.
The Yoga Girl® Kitchen - Watermelon Mint Cooler
- ¼ watermelon (pick the seeds out!)
- A few sprigs of fresh mint
- 1 lemon
- Chop up ¼ of the watermelon and put it in the juicer.
- Add mint sprigs to the juicer.
- Peel the lemon, adding it to the juicer last to help push any leftover mint through the juicer.
- Pour over ice (*add sparkling water to make a healthy soda!).
Let me know how it turns out when you make it. Comment below!
For more delicious recipes, check out Nourish on oneOeight.com!