About the Episode
When Rachel pictured her life in Sweden, she saw days in the forest, swimming in the lake, and getting her hands dirty in her own vegetable garden.
But the late arrival of spring has made the last one nearly impossible. If you’re a struggling gardener, today’s episode will inspire you to continue the journey and have a few laughs along the way.
As Rachel records today’s episode, there is snow coming down in buckets from the sky - and all her plants are clinging to life in her garage. She shares the gruelling efforts she has taken to keep her seedlings alive, how she may have underestimated a Swedish winter, and the impatience she has felt trying to make everything come together.
Just like gardening, much of life is trial and error. It all comes down to the balance of staying rooted in the here and now, while letting the branches of your mind grow into different possibilities. If you’ve been feeling the need to plant something new, tune in to get started.
- Sometimes you just have to wing it - that is the best way to learn.
- Don’t try to rush into the next step. Stay focused on the here and now.
- Be like a plant. Stay rooted in the present but stretch your leaves into new possibilities.
- Life comes with different seasons, Embrace them all.
- When we realize a dream, we often lose ourselves in the future. Don’t forget to enjoy the journey along the way.