About the Episode
How are you doing in quarantine? Have you asked yourself that question lately, and then allowed yourself to sit with the answer? Are you having a hard time being present with your surroundings?
In this week’s episode, Rachel unpacks the collective quarantine experience of slowing down, removing distractions and doing our inner work. While being faced with that regardless of the social isolation, there is a voice inside her head that still wants to get up and go, do, create, work, bake, keep it moving, Rachel has big realizations about her childhood wounds and how they relate to her fears around this pandemic.
What if for each of us, this could be an opportunity to look within? To step onto the path of healing, without anything distracting us?
This is not a time to to be productive or dive deeper into work but a time to rest, to reset, to sit and become aware of the slowing down and the opportunity return to what’s truly important.
The goal is to enjoy the simple art of being. To be able to recognize our triggers, discomfort, fear, anger, sadness, and to breathe through them. To lean in to the unknown and trust. To look up to the sky and have faith in the divine timing of our path. To know that the earth is healing, and that there will be a rebirth after this loss.
This episode will remind you that its ok to let yourself feel, to breathe, to trust, and to look forward to whats on the other side of where we are now. A new world where we value human connection over the dollar, where we are growing our own foods, and taking the time to sit and do the inner work to heal.
- Yoga and meditation practices (or whatever you do for self-care and healing) are non-negotiable right now. We MUST do the work!
- Plant new seeds! Hopefully this is inspiring us all to live a more local, self-sustained life. Start to think about how you can begin to grow your own food or connect with Mother Earth in a deeper way.
- Social isolation is bringing so much to the surface for so many of us. The time to look within is now!
- There is an opportunity here to heal in this. Take it.
- Your worth lies in who you are, not what you do. Who are you at your essence, at your core, at a soul level?